Fitness in the broadest sense of the word is a constant support of the body in good physical shape. This term also means a wellness system that allows you to change the physical characteristics of the body for the better, make correction of the body and normalize weight.
General information about fitness
Beginners to engage in fitness (the word comes from English fitness) should know that not only systematic exercises in the gym or gym are important, but also proper nutrition (fitness diet). In most cases, people practice fitness for weight loss and figure correction: this goal involves a review of the regime of the day and changing the menu (excluding certain foods and foods from the diet, but including other, more healthful ones). Read the article about street workout.
By purchasing a subscription to a fitness club or starting home classes, you can not just improve your figure or lose weight: this system helps cure many diseases and systemic disorders. With the help of fitness you can:
- Significantly improve the condition of the heart and blood vessels;
- Get rid of pain in the joints;
- Heal radiculitis, spondylosis, osteochondrosis, scoliosis and other vertebral pathologies;
- Improve metabolic processes;
- Stimulate the overall health of the body.
This is an excellent alternative to the medical treatment of certain mental disorders – for example, depression. During the training, serotonin is produced (a substance belonging to the class of neurotransmitters). This compound causes in the brain a sense of satisfaction and the joy of life: it is included in many antidepressants.
Health and fitness are words with the same meaning: regular exercises prevent premature programmed cell death (apoptosis) – a phenomenon that can be considered the main cause of aging. Fitness, thus, prolongs youth, and old age pushes for an indefinite period.
Types of fitness
There are various types of fitness, designed for different categories of people and performing special health and sporting tasks. There are female, male fitness, sparing systems and power fitness. There are also the following directions:
- Aerobics (dance aerobics, aerobics slide, kick aerobics, aqua aerobics) – is among the most popular varieties of fitness. Exercises are performed to the music and contribute not only to the correction of appearance, but also to the development of a sense of rhythm and harmony. Aerobic has a beneficial effect on the respiratory system.
- Pilates is a system of exercises that does not involve excessive stress on the body, but is based on slow, smooth and calm movements. The advantages of pilates are low traumatism and almost complete absence of contraindications. Pilates increases flexibility, joint mobility and strengthens muscles without their build-up.
- Bodyflex is a system based on proper breathing during exercise. This type of fitness is well suited for burning excess fat and normalizing metabolic processes.
- Fitball – exercises with a special ball. Suitable for people who want to correct posture, develop coordination of movements, strengthen the muscles of the back and buttocks.
- Taibo is a relatively new system that borrowed its stylistics from Asian martial arts and boxing. Exercises are performed under vigorous, energetic music. This type of fitness requires special endurance and strength: for energy costs, one hour of training can be aligned to a 10 km race.
How to start classes correctly
Beginners in no case should consider fitness as exhausting penal servitude, to which they themselves doom in the name of an ideal figure. Do not also treat activities as a way to achieve high sports results. The main thing in the class is a positive attitude. Successful practice largely depends on the correct choice of the program – it must match your strengths.
Most modern health clubs offer their clients to undergo fitness testing – a procedure that takes place under the guidance of a sports doctor. The client should tell the doctor about his health, chronic and chronic diseases, injuries and injuries that have ever been received.
The specialist will select the most suitable program for you, tell you which classes you are categorically contraindicated, and which will, on the contrary, contribute to a quick recovery. The doctor also measures the physical parameters (height, weight, waist circumference, chest, hips), records the pressure and pulse. Some clubs offer to conduct a more in-depth medical examination – to remove the cardiac cardiogram at rest and under stress conditions (to do a stress test). This sample allows you to determine the level of allowable physical activity.
For the correct choice of the start-up program, one should be guided by the principle “do no harm” and choose a kind of fitness and a set of exercises in accordance with physical capabilities. If you have a personal fitness trainer, the workouts will be more productive, and the likelihood of excessive loads and mistakes in classes will be minimized. Therefore, before you buy a subscription to a particular club, read the information and reviews about it, paying attention to the professionalism of the staff.
Practical advice for beginners
Recommendations of trainers and specialists can be summarized in the form of the following items:
- Fitness – not a hobby, but regular, full-time lessons. To skip training because of bad mood or elementary laziness means to slow down your own progress: try to be serious about your studies.
- Do not be afraid to make mistakes – they are known to learn.
- Plan your time in advance – health training takes about 3-4 hours a week.
- During the classes do not show excessive zeal – overtraining will not allow the body to recover fully in the intervals between fitness days, and the productivity of training will decrease.
- Classes without diet are wasted time. Observe also the drinking regime – the body must necessarily restore the fluid costs.
- Encourage yourself for every step you’ve taken in the training process.
- Keep in constant contact with the trainer, keep a diary, where you will write down useful tips of your mentor.
Exercises for Beginners
It is necessary to begin with small: for the basic training experts advise to choose three types of exercises:
- Training for the heart and blood vessels (aerobic training) – walking, running on the spot;
- Strength exercises for the development of specific muscle groups (if you use shells, start with a light weight);
- Activities for the development of flexibility – choose slow, static exercises and do not overdo it: it is very easy to damage the ligaments.
Before classes it is necessary to conduct a warm-up for warming up the body and improving blood supply to the muscles: this will reduce the risk of injury.
Fitness at home
Any training can be done at home – you need only a competent planned approach. Do squats, lunges, other exercises in which you can use your own weight. Experts advise to purchase a minimum set of equipment: a mat for fitness, a treadmill, dumbbells and a special ball (fitball). The only problem with home training is the lack of a mentor.
Moderate motor activity is rarely completely contraindicated in any disease, but still start the session only after consulting a doctor. Fitness is not recommended or recommended in a dosed and gentle form when:
- High temperature and infectious diseases;
- Presence of endoprostheses;
- Serious mental illness;
- Diabetes mellitus;
- Malignant neoplasms.
During pregnancy, you can only engage in special types of fitness.